Assists with the Coordination of Nutrition Services for the Head Start Nutrition Program. Collaborates with the Nutrition Manager/Nutrition Coordinator to ensure all regulations for the CACFP and Head Start Birth to Five programs are being followed and adhered to.
1. Reviews weekly Daily Meal Count and Attendance Records(H1535).
2. Compare forms to Child Plus and Sign In/Sign Outs forms per classrooms.
3. Review forms for accuracy to be in compliance with CACFP regulations.
4. Inputs weekly meal counts and attendance records into monthly form per classroom.
5. Ensures CACFP Edit Checks are done monthly.
6. Assists with annual CACFP application and monthly CACFP claims.
7. Assists staff with reviewing and filling milk production records from centers.
8. Assists and ensures meal analysis for CACFP is complete and accurate.
9. Assist Nutrition Manager and staff as needed.
10. Coordinates with HS Program for CACFP monitoring.
11. Collects, organizes and files all necessary CACFP documents for monitoring purposes.
12. Any other duty as assigned by Supervisor(s).
- Prior Experience inputting detailed data into tracking system
- Prior Experience working in a fast-paced meal preparation site
- Prior experience with CACFP Regulations or Nutrition Background
- Food Handlers Permit
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent math skills
- Must work well in a team environment
Medium to heavy physical duties include standing, walking, reaching, bending, hearing, talking for up to eight (8) hours a day. Must be able to lift forty (40) pounds. Lifting, on-premises and off-premises will primarily be of food and food containers with raw and prepared food, bulk food packages and consumable supplies. Industrial back supports will be used. Non-physical demands include performing multiple tasks simultaneously, the ability to meet multiple deadlines, use independent judgment in making decisions and working closely with others as part of a team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community Action Corporation of South Texas
Welcome to Community Action Corporation of South Texas (CACOST)!
CACOST is a private non-profit organization established in 1971 and funded through federal, state and local grants. CACOST currently serves 16 counties via a wide variety of community programs and services. CACOST lives its mission each day, which is to continuously improve the lives of South Texans by providing high quality health care, education, housing and economic opportunities to reduce poverty through services and partnerships.
CACOST is looking for employees who are interested in accomplishing our mission, which can be both rewarding and challenging. We count on our employees to contribute directly to the growth and success of our agency. Because the quality of our staff is the key to our success, we carefully select our new employees. Apply today to join our CACOST family and take pride in being a member of our team.
Company Website: cacost.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)