The IT Assistant will File, following up on repair and maintenance equipment sent out, organizing and processing all IT bills, following up with end users to ensure service satisfaction, manage cellular accounts, IT bills and maintaining spreadsheets ensuring we are within our budget limits and track cost effectiveness. Answer all helpdesk calls during shift and assist as dispatcher and data entry clerk for IT tracking system.
1. Provide front-line user phone support - Answer and direct technical support calls/emails to the appropriate resource and enter the calls into the help desk ticketing system.
2. Maintain inventory records for equipment and requisition items
3. Ship/receive all packages and process
4. Schedule meetings when directed. Ensure all participants are notified, equipment requirements identified and scheduled, and other amenities furnished as required.
5. Assist with support requests
6. Perform other office duties as assigned
- Minimum of one year work experience in Microsoft windows desktops
- Technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience
- Customer-service oriented with a problem solving attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High School Diploma
- Associate’s Degree in related field
- Ability to provide customer with outstanding customer care and service at all times
- Ability to communicate problems with IT Service Desk Manager as they become known
- Ability and willingness to provide support during off hours when necessary.
- Must maintain confidentiality
Light to medium physical duties include standing, walking, reaching, bending, hearing, talking for up to eight (8) hours a day. Must be able to work on a computer for a minimum of 6 hours a day. Must have good vision. Must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds. Lifting will be primarily confined to occasional on premises lifting of boxes of office supplies and minor office equipment. Non-physical demands include performing multiple tasks simultaneously, the ability to meet multiple deadlines, judgment decisions and working closely with others as part of a team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community Action Corporation of South Texas
Welcome to Community Action Corporation of South Texas (CACOST)!
CACOST is a private non-profit organization established in 1971 and funded through federal, state and local grants. CACOST currently serves 16 counties via a wide variety of community programs and services. CACOST lives its mission each day, which is to continuously improve the lives of South Texans by providing high quality health care, education, housing and economic opportunities to reduce poverty through services and partnerships.
CACOST is looking for employees who are interested in accomplishing our mission, which can be both rewarding and challenging. We count on our employees to contribute directly to the growth and success of our agency. Because the quality of our staff is the key to our success, we carefully select our new employees. Apply today to join our CACOST family and take pride in being a member of our team.
Company Website: cacost.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)