The IT Service Desk Manager is responsible for overseeing the quality daily support tickets and overall end user satisfaction. IT Service Desk Manager will be responsible for managing both end users and technician expectations through managing the Service Desk Support teams. This position requires working independently with minimal supervision from IT Manager.
1. Manage, Coach, support, and review the Technical Support Department
2. Manage and document service desk queue for tickets and escalations, taking ownership to ensure proper resolution
3. Provide clear and concise documentation that empower end-users to self-resolve common issues
4. Confirm that technical Support employees are ready to work at the start of each day through the end of the day.
5. Ensure there is a process to address technical Support Requests during all company hours
7. Facilitate training classes end users may attend to learn how to become more efficient utilizing the company’s technology
8. Assist with onboarding and training new users needing access to various systems
9. Quickly and effectively troubleshoot desktop and remote user scenarios to resolution
10. Support various corporate applications and communicate with other departments and vendors as required
11. Ensure Support Requests are handled efficiently to resolution and that details within are sufficient to meet the objective of searching the system to resolve similar issues in the future
12. Maintain a list of open Support Requests at the end of each day and follow-up with company resources to obtain a status and expectation for resolution. In addition, follow-up with the initiating user to provide a status and/or reassure them their issues has not been overlooked
13. Think ahead of how changes to various systems will impact users and find ways to minimize impact to production
14. Positively influence users perspective of Technical Support through illustrating your desire to resolve their technical issue as if it was your own.
15. Provide after hours and weekend support as needed
16. Assist with support requests
16. Other duties as assigned by the IT Manager
- Minimum of four year work experience in Microsoft windows desktops, servers, networking
- Proven work experience as a Service Desk Manager
- Solid technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience
- Customer-service oriented with a problem solving attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team management skills
- Associate’s Degree in related field
- Ability to provide customer with outstanding customer care and service at all times
- Interpersonal skills necessary to train employees in computer systems
- Ability to communicate problems with IT manager as they become known
- Ability and willingness to provide support during off hours when necessary.
- Strong leadership
- Must maintain confidentiality
Light to medium physical duties include standing, walking, reaching, bending, hearing, talking for up to eight (8) hours a day. Must be able to work on a computer for a minimum of 6 hours a day. Must have good vision. Must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds. Lifting will be primarily confined to occasional on premises lifting of boxes of office supplies and minor office equipment. Non-physical demands include performing multiple tasks simultaneously, the ability to meet multiple deadlines, judgment decisions and working closely with others as part of a team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community Action Corporation of South Texas
Welcome to Community Action Corporation of South Texas (CACOST)!
CACOST is a private non-profit organization established in 1971 and funded through federal, state and local grants. CACOST currently serves 16 counties via a wide variety of community programs and services. CACOST lives its mission each day, which is to continuously improve the lives of South Texans by providing high quality health care, education, housing and economic opportunities to reduce poverty through services and partnerships.
CACOST is looking for employees who are interested in accomplishing our mission, which can be both rewarding and challenging. We count on our employees to contribute directly to the growth and success of our agency. Because the quality of our staff is the key to our success, we carefully select our new employees. Apply today to join our CACOST family and take pride in being a member of our team.
Company Website: cacost.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)