Works on meal preparation, nutrition services, and sanitation at the facility in accordance to regulations. Maintains data on services provided and performs routine maintenance. This will be a Part-Time position totaling 25 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
1.Cleans and sanitizes the kitchen to include the floors, refrigerators, freezers, stoves, appliances, pots, pans, supplies and utensils, as directed.
2.Maintains and follows standards of sanitation, health, safety and nutrition.
3.Records food and equipment temperature in accordance with standards.
4.Maintains weekly inventory of food and supplies and directs ordering to Cluster Manager.
5.Upon delivery prepares food for classrooms and assists teachers in setting up and cleaning up of meal.
6.Assists the classroom room teachers with maintaining a clean and safe environment for the children including dusting, sanitizing, maintaining trash and other cleaning duties as needed.
7.Assists teachers with the supervision and care of the children as needed.
8.Cleans, sanitizing and prepares the playground area for children including the setting up of toys and other needed items for outdoor play.
9.Complies with the Program’s confidentiality policy.
10.Any other duty as assigned by the Cluster Manager.
- Must have computer skills and reporting, service documentation and recordkeeping experience.
- Good verbal, problem solving and writing skills are required.
- A valid driver’s license, safe driving record and acceptance by the Agency’s vehicle insurance carrier are required.
- Must pass TDFPS background check.
- Must pass a Pre-employment physical.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Bilingual ability is preferred (Spanish and English).
- Annual certification and training in the following: Health Certificate, First Aid Certification and Adult and Infant / Toddler CPR Certification and Food Handlers Certification.
- Must attend 24 clock hours of professional development and staff training per year to included training on methods to handle suspected or known child abuse and neglect cases, that comply with applicable federal, state, local and tribal laws, training that builds their
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community Action Corporation of South Texas
Welcome to Community Action Corporation of South Texas (CACOST)!
CACOST is a private non-profit organization established in 1971 and funded through federal, state and local grants. CACOST currently serves 16 counties via a wide variety of community programs and services. CACOST lives its mission each day, which is to continuously improve the lives of South Texans by providing high quality health care, education, housing and economic opportunities to reduce poverty through services and partnerships.
CACOST is looking for employees who are interested in accomplishing our mission, which can be both rewarding and challenging. We count on our employees to contribute directly to the growth and success of our agency. Because the quality of our staff is the key to our success, we carefully select our new employees. Apply today to join our CACOST family and take pride in being a member of our team.
Company Website: cacost.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)