The Registered Nurse (RN) will provide high-quality health services by promoting optimal health, interpreting health records and data, and determining appropriate preventive and primary health care for children and families in accordance with Head Start Program Performance Standards (HSPPS) and state regulation. Work in conjunction with other program content areas to ensure a holistic approach and assessment of the quality of services provided.
1. Review, evaluate and interpret health records.
2. Determine that each child is up-to-date on a schedule of age appropriate preventive and primary health care.
3. Maintain a system for determination health/dental status with appropriate follow-up for determined needs.
4. Determine the need for medical and/or dental follow-up and assist the program in obtaining further diagnostic testing, examination and treatment.
5. If applicable meet with or conduct a phone interview with parents regarding health findings, and assist families in understanding medical information and the need to complete prescribed treatment plans.
6. Assist families in obtaining needed medical care by making referrals to appropriate providers.
7. Use pertinent health records and parent communication to develop and implement individualized health plans (IHPs)
8. Provide written feedback or follow-up to appropriate CACOST staff and parents. A copy of plans will be made a part of the child’s file. Provide assistance to parents to enable them to learn how to obtain any prescribed medications, aids, or equipment for medical and dental conditions.
9. Provide needed training to staff to assist them in including the child and best serve his/her health needs. This may include modifications in the classroom.
10. Plan and schedule site visits as needed to observe children who have been referred for health concerns.
11. Visit with appropriate staff to discuss health requirements based on ChildPlus data reports, documentation and follow-up.
12. Ensure system for monitoring tracking and follow-up using the ChildPlus database.
13. Coordinate with Health Manager as needed in development of health, and dental policies and procedures according to HSPPS and other regulations.
14. Perform regular analysis and end of year reporting of Program Information Report (PIR) data.
15. Provide health education to parents of children enrolled in the Head Start Birth to Five Program by participating in parent meetings, home visits, or other methods determined effective.
16. Provide specific training to new employees on designated health topics and procedures.
17. Plan and prepare health/dental education trainings on determined topics or as requested.
18. Report on health/dental outcomes to Policy Council and Board of Directors as requested.
19. Communicate with medical providers as needed for prescription or other clarifications regarding medical information.
20. Maintain confidentiality in accordance with agency policy and legal requirements; respect and maintain rights and privacy of all staff, parents, children and providers.
21. Perform job duties in a manner that is timely and conscientious.
22. Attend mandated training and meetings and seek out staff development opportunities
23. Work as a team member with staff and maintain a positive work environment.
24. Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current RN license in the State of Texas required
- Minimum 2 years of management experience required
- Excellent written and communication skills required
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office, to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be able to travel
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record and be able to pass a pre-employment physical and a criminal history background/fingerprint check
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Must be able to lift thirty-five pounds. Lifting will be primarily confined to occasional on premises lifting of boxes of office supplies and minor office equipment. Light to medium physical duties include standing, walking, reaching, bending, talking for up to eight (8) hours a day. Must have good vision.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community Action Corporation of South Texas
Welcome to Community Action Corporation of South Texas (CACOST)!
CACOST is a private non-profit organization established in 1971 and funded through federal, state and local grants. CACOST currently serves 16 counties via a wide variety of community programs and services. CACOST lives its mission each day, which is to continuously improve the lives of South Texans by providing high quality health care, education, housing and economic opportunities to reduce poverty through services and partnerships.
CACOST is looking for employees who are interested in accomplishing our mission, which can be both rewarding and challenging. We count on our employees to contribute directly to the growth and success of our agency. Because the quality of our staff is the key to our success, we carefully select our new employees. Apply today to join our CACOST family and take pride in being a member of our team.
Company Website: cacost.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)