General Summary: Responsible for assisting the Dentist with direct patient care. Processes and sterilizes instruments. Ensures all patient information is kept secure and confidential. Must have excellent communication and people skills. Must work well with others and have good manual dexterity.
- Manage maintenance of units, pump, compressor and x-ray developer.
- Set up the treatment room and seat patients.
- Assist the dentist with patient care.
- Process and sterilize instruments between patients.
- Take and develop x-rays, as prescribed by the dentist.
- Take impressions with model plaster, as needed.
- Clean up the treatment room and set up for next patient.
- Keep all supplies stocked.
- Clean the dental department as needed.
- Assist receptionist with recording patient failed appointments in patient charts; printing the patient schedule for the next day; pulling patient charts for the next day; filing patient charts at the end of the day; and appointment confirmation phone calls.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications: Must have a registered dental assistant certificate from an accredited program. Must have a current Radiology Certification. Must have computer skills and be familiar with data and word processing programs. Must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record and be able to pass a pre-employment physical and a criminal history background check. Bilingual (English/Spanish) ability is preferred.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements: Light to medium physical duties include standing, walking, reaching, bending,talking for up to eight (8) hours a day. Must have good vision. Must be able to lift thirty-five pounds. Lifting will be primarily confined to occasional on premises lifting of boxes of office supplies and minor office equipment. Non-physical demands include performing multiple tasks simultaneously, the ability to meet multiple deadlines, judgement decisions and working closely with others as part of a team. Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community Action Corporation of South Texas
Welcome to Community Action Corporation of South Texas (CACOST)!
CACOST is a private non-profit organization established in 1971 and funded through federal, state and local grants. CACOST currently serves 16 counties via a wide variety of community programs and services. CACOST lives its mission each day, which is to continuously improve the lives of South Texans by providing high quality health care, education, housing and economic opportunities to reduce poverty through services and partnerships.
CACOST is looking for employees who are interested in accomplishing our mission, which can be both rewarding and challenging. We count on our employees to contribute directly to the growth and success of our agency. Because the quality of our staff is the key to our success, we carefully select our new employees. Apply today to join our CACOST family and take pride in being a member of our team.
Company Website: cacost.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)