Responsible for providing Pharmacy related services to CACOST clients under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
1. Verify that all medication orders have been filled properly and sign daily log accordingly
2. Provide pre-packaged medications to patients pursuant to valid medication orders and in accordance with the 340B program
3.Prepare, package, compound, or label prescription drugs pursuant to medication orders, under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist
4.Bulk compounding, under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist
5.Distribute routine orders for stock supplies to patient care areas
6.Enter medication orders and drug distribution information into a data processing system, provided judgmental decisions are not required
7.Accept refill orders via telephone
8.Utilize billing software to calculate medication charges
9.Maintain inventory of drug supplies, including checking for expired medications
10.Maintain pharmacy records, including daily dispensing logs
11.Assist with daily deposits and submit invoices for payment as needed
12.All other duties assigned by position’s supervisor when need arises
- Previous employment in a medical office or public health clinic is preferred
- Must be licensed as a “Licensed Vocational Nurse” by the State of Texas
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License and have a safe driving record
- Must possess effective communication and interpersonal skills (bilingual in English/Spanish preferred)
- Must possess excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office (at a minimum)
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and criminal history background check
- Proof of work eligibility must be provide
- Light to medium physical duties include standing, walking, fine dexterity, reaching, bending, hearing, talking for up to eight (8) hours a day
- Must have good vision
- Must be able to lift thirty-five (35) pounds. Lifting will be primarily confined to occasional on premises lifting of boxes of office supplies and minor office equipment. Non-physical demand include performing multiple tasks simultaneously, the ability to meet multiple deadlines, judgment decision and working closely with others as part of a team
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community Action Corporation of South Texas
Welcome to Community Action Corporation of South Texas (CACOST)!
CACOST is a private non-profit organization established in 1971 and funded through federal, state and local grants. CACOST currently serves 16 counties via a wide variety of community programs and services. CACOST lives its mission each day, which is to continuously improve the lives of South Texans by providing high quality health care, education, housing and economic opportunities to reduce poverty through services and partnerships.
CACOST is looking for employees who are interested in accomplishing our mission, which can be both rewarding and challenging. We count on our employees to contribute directly to the growth and success of our agency. Because the quality of our staff is the key to our success, we carefully select our new employees. Apply today to join our CACOST family and take pride in being a member of our team.
Company Website: cacost.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)