Responsible for the care and education of a group of children as part of a teaching team and functions as a team leader or co-leader. Implements and plans the curriculum and with active participation of other members of the caregiving team, working with parents and assesses the needs of individual children.
1. Implement screening procedures that identify concerns in the developmental, behavioral, motor, language, social, cognitive, and emotional skills of each child in the classroom within 45 calendar days of the child’s entry into the Program.
2. Implement with fidelity a research-based curriculum with effective teaching practices that promote positive outcomes by promoting growth in the developmental progression described in the Head Start Early learning Outcomes Framework: Ages Birth to Five. Integrate child assessment data and developmentally appropriate learning experiences in planning and implementing a collaboratively designed lesson plan.
3. Conducts Parent-Teacher conferences at least two center visits and two home visits, with more frequent conferences conducted as appropriate.
4. Demonstrates verbally and by role modeling a sound knowledge of good teaching practices of child growth and development. Participates in team lesson planning, modifies lesson plans for the developmental needs of individual children and implements lesson plans and activities to support each child’s development and positive child outcomes. Plans and implements a program geared to infants and toddlers. Sets up the physical environment to meet the changing needs of assigned children.
5. Implements the classroom’s emergency procedures, including the posting of procedures, locations and telephone numbers of emergency response systems, emergency evacuation routes and other procedures and the maintenance of up-to-date family contact information and authorization for emergency care. Conducts and documents monthly fire drills. Conducts and documents severe weather and lockdown drills four times per year.
6. Implements the classroom’s medication administration procedures, including storing all medication under lock and key, administering medication and maintaining individual records of dispensed medication.
7. Assures that the child’s outdoor and indoor environments are safe and clean at all times, including storing outdoor equipment such as wagons and tricycles and storing dangerous materials and potential poisons under lock and key. Works with the Child Care Assistant in cleaning duties such as sweeping, mopping, disinfecting, washing dishes and other required duties.
8. Supervises and ensures the safety and well-being of all children in the classroom at all times. Assures that the classroom’s environment is developmentally appropriate for each child.
9. Assists the Family Advocates in making referrals for services for children and their families.
10. Conducts activities in the classroom to conform to the Program’s written program plans, Performance Standards, Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework: Ages Birth to Five, Minimum Standards for Licensing, CACOST’s Head Start Birth to Five Program policies and procedures, School Readiness Goals and the Parent, Family and Community Engagement Framework.
11. Assures that the classroom maintains full enrollment and that average daily attendance is at least 85% of enrollment.
12. Supports parent involvement and development by maintaining open communication with parents concerning their child’s needs and strengths, conducting Center meetings and offer opportunities for parents and family members to be involved in the program’s education services.
13. Insures the implementation of children’s IFSPs or Plans of Care for children with Disabilities.
14. Complies with the Program’s confidentiality policies.
15. Any other duty as assigned by the Cluster Manager.
- Good communication skills, in written and oral forms, are necessary.
- Computer skills and experience in maintaining automated recordkeeping systems are required.
- Bilingual ability (Spanish/English) is preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, safe driving record and acceptance by the Agency’s vehicle insurance carrier are required.
- Must pass TDFPR background check.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical.
- A minimum of a Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) or comparable credential and have been trained or have equivalent coursework in early childhood development with a focus on infant and toddler development.
- An Associate Degree in child development, early childhood education or equivalent to a major relating to early childhood education, with experience teaching preschool-age children.
- Frequent significant decision and problem solving abilities.
- Good communication skills is necessary.
- Ability to supervise pre-school children and ensure a safe environment including the ability to monitor and respond to events going on at all times in classroom and outdoor play areas. This includes the physical ability to move quickly in order to respond to children who are very active and may need restraint or redirection in order to insure their safety or the safety of others in the environment.
Community Action Corporation of South Texas
Welcome to Community Action Corporation of South Texas (CACOST)!
CACOST is a private non-profit organization established in 1971 and funded through federal, state and local grants. CACOST currently serves 16 counties via a wide variety of community programs and services. CACOST lives its mission each day, which is to continuously improve the lives of South Texans by providing high quality health care, education, housing and economic opportunities to reduce poverty through services and partnerships.
CACOST is looking for employees who are interested in accomplishing our mission, which can be both rewarding and challenging. We count on our employees to contribute directly to the growth and success of our agency. Because the quality of our staff is the key to our success, we carefully select our new employees. Apply today to join our CACOST family and take pride in being a member of our team.
Company Website: cacost.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)