The Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) will provide assessment, treatment, planning and counseling for individuals, couples, children, groups experiencing social, emotional, behavioral vocational difficulties. The counselor will provide services as appropriate for license and make appropriate referrals for services, consults with and advises Clinic Medical Staff regarding drug related therapy, and performs outreach functions, when necessary. The Counselor will provide community education for prevention and early interventions on emotional/behavioral problems.
1.Apply human development and counseling skills to understand clients, promote enhanced client self-understanding and help client interpret client concerns, opportunities and problems.
2.Provides direct support to clinic medical staff and provides brief intervention and psychotherapy as needed.
3.Plan, develop and implement a treatment plan.
4.Assist client to identify course of action, including near-term and long-term plans and objectives.
5.Help client implement plans and assess outcomes.
6.Writes and maintains progress notes for therapy sessions; maintain and update client records and makes appropriate referrals.
7.Conduct assessments and determines results. Advocate a team approach service delivery using Center’s providers.
8.Monitors patient closely for changes in severity of symptoms and medication side effects; educates patients about medications and medication side effects as needed; encourages treatment adherence.
9.Coordinates ongoing assessment in order to monitor client change.
10. Provides accurate and timely reports to supervisor to ensure compliance with funder requirements, expectations and outcomes.
11.Ability to problem-solve.
12. Ability to prioritize and allocate resources.
13. Ability to work flexible hours.
14.Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prefer at least a minimum of two (2) years experience post graduation.
- Master’s Degree in Counseling or clinical Psychology or a related field of study from an accredited university and/or college.
- Completion of degree and all post-degree supervision for licensure. M
- ust be able to adapt to a job where the duties and responsibility vary to meet the needs of the patient.
- Must have a motor vehicle that is operable and compliant with State Laws.
- Current licensure in the State of Texas as a Licensed Professional Counselor.
- Must provide own Professional Liability Insurance for Counselors
Community Action Corporation of South Texas
Welcome to Community Action Corporation of South Texas (CACOST)!
CACOST is a private non-profit organization established in 1971 and funded through federal, state and local grants. CACOST currently serves 16 counties via a wide variety of community programs and services. CACOST lives its mission each day, which is to continuously improve the lives of South Texans by providing high quality health care, education, housing and economic opportunities to reduce poverty through services and partnerships.
CACOST is looking for employees who are interested in accomplishing our mission, which can be both rewarding and challenging. We count on our employees to contribute directly to the growth and success of our agency. Because the quality of our staff is the key to our success, we carefully select our new employees. Apply today to join our CACOST family and take pride in being a member of our team.
Company Website: cacost.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)