Responsible for observing and assessing the classroom activities of a Head Start program and providing on-the-job guidance and training to the Head Start 3-5 program staff, in order to improve the qualifications and training of classroom staff, to maintain high quality education service and to promote career development in Head Start programs (Head Start Act, as amended December 12, 2007; Sec. 648A. (b) Mentor Teachers).
Utilizing the Practice Based Coaching model the Mentor/Coach’s primary function is to assist educators to implement and measurably improve high quality teaching practices. The Mentor/Coach aligns guidance with the teaching practices identified by the Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS).
- Baccalaureate Degree in childhood education or a related field, three years’ experience in either a licensed center or a public school setting at a grade level no higher than elementary school.
- Be CLASS Reliable and maintain certification yearly.
- Bilingual ability (Spanish/English) is preferred.
- Valid Texas Driver's License.
- must pass PRS background check.
- must pass an annual physical.
- Within 30 days of employment must be Pediatric CPR & First Aid certified.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Head Start Procedure Standards, Head Start’s Parent, Family and Community Engagement framework and School Readiness Goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Data processing methods, information storage, Head Start Performance Standards, and information retrieval techniques required.
- Possess the ability to work in an office setting.
- Demonstrate the understanding of CPS reporting system, signs and symptoms of child abuse and neglect.
- Intermediate computer skills, internet and e-mail
Community Action Corporation of South Texas
Welcome to Community Action Corporation of South Texas (CACOST)!
CACOST is a private non-profit organization established in 1971 and funded through federal, state and local grants. CACOST currently serves 16 counties via a wide variety of community programs and services. CACOST lives its mission each day, which is to continuously improve the lives of South Texans by providing high quality health care, education, housing and economic opportunities to reduce poverty through services and partnerships.
CACOST is looking for employees who are interested in accomplishing our mission, which can be both rewarding and challenging. We count on our employees to contribute directly to the growth and success of our agency. Because the quality of our staff is the key to our success, we carefully select our new employees. Apply today to join our CACOST family and take pride in being a member of our team.
Company Website: cacost.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)